If you are sending your child to school with a family iPad it will need to be configured for use at school. Please review the following important information.
As a reminder, if you choose this option you still need to provide headphones, a case, and purchase 1 FileWave licence from Senco Masslink.
Information about and instructions on how to purchase these items can be found on our Purchasing Your iPad page.
Dropping your child’s iPad off at the IT Help Desk:
- Option A – drop your iPad off between 15th and 19th of August.
- Option B – drop your iPad off during the first week of school.
- Option C – if you have purchased an iPad after the start of school, you can drop the iPad off at the IT Helpdesk at any time.
iPads will not be returned on the same day they are dropped off. iPads will be distributed directly to students in their classrooms.
What to bring to the IT Helpdesk in Charles Kao Square (CKS):
- 1 iPad
- A protective case for the iPad
- Printed proof of purchase for FileWave purchase from Senco-Masslink.
- Note: if you do not have proof of purchase for FileWave your child’s iPad cannot be configured for use at school.
- If you purchase FileWave you will receive an email from Senco-Masslink as proof of purchase.
- If you have not received this email, please contact Senco-Masslink using:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 2511-5760
- Information on FileWave and a link to Senco’s online store, where you can purchase a File Wave license can be found on this webpage, Purchasing Your iPad
All items must be clearly labeled with:
- Your child’s full name, including both Chinese and English
- Student ID#
What NOT to bring:
- iPad charger or charging cable.
- iPad box.
- Any accessories (cables, headphones, …), send these items directly to your child’s class with your child.
Your iPad will have all content erased as part of the configuration process. No information can be retrieved after this. Before dropping your iPad off, please make sure you perform the following;
- Back up any content on the iPad.
- Sign out of any App Store / iCloud accounts.
- Remove any passcodes.
- A full factory reset.
- Update to the latest iOS.
Purchasing an iPad
If you have changed your mind and now wish to purchase an iPad, please visit our iPad Program Overview webpage for details and instructions: click here.